(Jodi’s life advice for her daughters.)
- You can buy fashion, but not style. Style is your own. Go with yours.
- Listen to your inner voice, especially when you need downtime. Stay home sometimes. Do nothing. You don’t owe anyone explanations for what YOU choose to do with your time.
- It is 100% okay to NOT have your life figured out. NO ONE has it figured out. So, make plans, yes. But don’t be so rigid you can’t roll with them changing.
- Dress up a little more than expected for most occasions.
- You won’t click with everyone. You’re not supposed to.
- Take care of your skin. You can buy makeup anywhere – but spend money on skincare.
- When you walk into a room, see how you feel about everyone in it — don’t wait to see how they feel about you.
- Don’t let anyone take your power.
- Be teachable. Be coachable.
- Travel anytime you get the chance.
**Honorable mention: Charge your phone. Please.