“It always made me happy to make treats for my Daddy. It was a little thing I would do just for him. It works!” -Jodi
Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal. Stir until well-coated. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into a 9 x 13 pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
**This recipe is from the Kellogg’s website.
***Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter when combing ingredients and/or drizzle melted chocolate on top for a different take on this classic snack!
Mississippi Mud Cake
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured aluminum foil-lined 9- x 9- x 2-inch square pans. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; sprinkle each cake evenly with 2 cups miniature marshmallows and 1 cup pecans. Return to oven, and bake 5 more minutes or just until marshmallows begin to melt. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack.
Bring butter, milk, and cocoa to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Drizzle evenly over cakes in pans. Let cool completely. Cut cakes into squares.
Jodi’s Mix with a Twist
- 1 can of cocktail peanuts
- 1 big bag of plain DARK CHOCOLATE M&M’s
- 1 big bag of peanut M&M’s
- 1 large box of raisins
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate morsels
Mix even amounts of all ingredients in large bowl. Enjoy!
- 3 box mini-saltine crackers
- 1 pkg. dry ranch dip mix
- 3 tbs. crushed red pepper
- 2/3-1 cup canola oil
Mix oil, ranch mix and pepper in measuring cup or small bowl. Put all crackers in the largest bowl you have. Pour oil mixture over crackers and begin carefully and lightly stirring with hands(being careful not to break crackers) until all crackers are covered. You can serve right away and they’ll be a bit greasy, or put the crackers on paper towels in another bowl for about an hour to dry a bit.
Bold Daddy Snack Mix
- 1 (12 ounce) package crispy corn and
- rice cereal (such as Crispix®)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 dash jalapeno pepper sauce
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Pour cereal into a large roasting pan. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and jalapeno pepper sauce. Drizzle sauce over cereal and stir to coat evenly. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until sauce is baked into cereal, about 45 minutes. Cool in pan, about 10 minutes.
- 9 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
In large bowl, mix cereal, pecans and marshmallows. Spread mixture on 2 large ungreased cookie sheets. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave chocolate chips and oil uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. If necessary, microwave 15 to 30 seconds longer or until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until set; about 10 minutes. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
- 2 cups of White Cheddar Cheez Its
- 2 cups of cheese balls (any kind)
- 2 cups of Cheetos (any flavor)
- 2 cups of goldfish (any flavor you choose)
- 1 cup of pretzel sticks
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Mix together all cheesy cracker type ingredients in a big bowl. Then melt the butter in microwave (30 seconds at a time). Drizzle melted butter on mixture and stir. Then sprinkle ranch packet and Parmesan cheese and stir. Spread it out on wax paper or foil to cool and set. Store in air tight containers :O)
Jodi’s Seven Layer Bars
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (7-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch morsels
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Place butter in a 13×9 inch pan; bake at 325 degrees for 3 minutes or until melted. Add graham cracker crumbs and remaining ingredients, layering in the order listed. (Do not stir.) Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan; Cut into bars.
- 6 ozs. milk chocolate chips
- 6 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 box Crispex cereal
Melt the first four ingredients together in a microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.. Add cereal to mix until coated. Put confectioner’s sugar in a large paper bag. Add chocolate/peanut butter coated cereal and shake well. Store in a cool, dry place up to one week.